Sunday, November 20, 2016

Pumpkin Smashing Time!

 I am prepared to move these rotting pumpkins from the front to the back green space...

Because it is Pumpkin Smashing Time!

One of my favorite after Halloween traditions!

Well I'm almost to the back green space.  Need to take a quick break to rest up before I finish the move.

As Mom likes to say... Safety is important...  and we don't want any pumpkin guts getting into the eyes.

And here's a swing on a pumpkin with the big pick-axe... 

Then a swing with a shovel...

I used the longer handled tools this year since the pumpkins had already rotted a lot, and the close in hammer and axe, would just squish it too quickly...

Where the shovel does a good job of slicing off a side piece..

Or smashing it to bits.

The pick-axe is good at breaking off pieces...

But it is a bit unwieldy for me.

The pumpkins are being smashed into little bits :)

The better to feed the squirrels...

This is some tiring working this year... 

But I'm ripping and destroying these pumpkins in numerous ways.

Like applying a little torque with the pick-axe.

And then a fling to break it.

Just a couple more swings of the shovel and these pumpkins will be smashed to bits :)

There... That aught to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment