Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Ausable Chasm

We are off on a hike through Ausable Chasm to get to the raft ride.

So what do you think about that elephant head behind me?  I've read that in the winter it can form tusks!

Okay we've looked from this spot, lets head over to the other side and make are way along the chasm.

Check out the falls from the bridge.

And now we're at a view point of the rainbow falls, and looking at one of the bridges.

That is an interesting set of fault lines behind me.

Think an animal can jump between them well?  Here watch me.

Mom is enjoying the hike, it's a very pretty place.

I'm in a fault!  Hope the rocks don't fall on me.

We're making our way along the chasm edge trail, lots of neat stuff to look at, like the adventure trail below.

Hi Mom!  Dad and I will wait here for you.

So far so good :)

We are all up on the ledge.  It give a good perspective of things.

Like the large roots and stuff around.

Hi Dad!  Mom and I are all the way over here!  Hurry up and join us!

Yet another interesting spot to look over the water, and at the Chasm walls!

Mom and Dad both wanted pictures with me at this one.

Well we are almost done with this path... You know what that means?

It's time to wait (and wait) for the Raft!

We're getting closer to getting on the raft!

Life jacket on!  I'm ready!

We're in the raft!  Time to go down the water and over the rapids!

Dad is all cool and collected... Taking pictures and such.


Me... I'm pumped!  This is awesome.

I see the rapids!

This is awesome!  I'll definitely want to do this again.

What a great adventure!

 Well it's over... We made the trip down the river and over the rapids...

Next up the trolley bus back out of here.

This was a great place!

No comments:

Post a Comment