Sunday, August 23, 2015

Ruggles Mine, NH

So we headed up this small road, to something called Ruggles Mine, on a hunch...

And at the top we were not disappointed.  The view alone was awesome!

Then we headed into the open pit mine to find some cool rocks!

Which cave should we go to first Dad?

I think that one!

So do I just swing the hammer at anything in the cave wall?

Mom found us!  Quick hide.

Just look at these cool rock pieces lying on the ground.  Can we take one of these?

Or do we need to hack off a piece of the wall? :) 

 There's more?  Awesome!

I think Mom is in awe....

I used these sunglasses as safety glasses.  They work.

Me and Dad are some cool dudes huh?

And we hacked off some cool rock pieces.

There were some great big cave entrances.

Mom showed me this cool spot where lava had once flowed.

Then me and Dad went and explored near this small underground pond.

I then went around to one of the other entrances and walked down to the edge by myself.

Hi Mom.. Hi Dad...

Eventually Dad came around and joined me..

This place was cool.  We need to come back here next year, and bring some better gear (like a wagon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment