Thursday, March 2, 2017

Birthday Vacation - Part 3 - Kennedy Space Center - Part 1

Onward to Kennedy Space Center.. To explore and learn.

 Check out Me, Mom, and Dad in front of the NASA blue 3d meatball sign.

Here me and Dad stand in front of the words of President Kennedy that really pushed the space race.

In the background is the Rocket Garden.  They look really cool!

And make for a good backdrop for pictures.

Next up we're going into the new hall of legends area.  It even has a 3d movie to watch.

 Check out the Mecury Mission control "computers" for Friendship 7 (when John Glenn first orbited the Earth!)

Photobomb on Dad in front of the original NASA Meatball sign.

Here are the original Mercury 7 astronauts.  The pioneers of the American Space program.

I think this is as close as Dad and me will get to being in a space pod.

I mean look how HUGE that rocket is behind me.

This is the size of just one engine of the Saturn rocket!  It's HUGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment