Saturday, May 7, 2016

NYC Trip - April - Day 1 - Intrepid

For our next stop today, we're going to head to the Intrepid

We could see it from the Empire States Building, so we wanted to head here...

It was a bit of a walk, but it looked awesome!

Just look at all those planes and helicopters on it.

It's a big air craft carrier (was a Navy ship)

Look.. I'm on an aircraft carrier!

It is a huge Navy ship huh Mom?

They even have a Space Shuttle (the Enterprise) on it (with what looks like a Star Trek thing coming in a couple weeks, see the Galileo from the Starship Enterpirse behind Dad and Me?)

It's really cool!  Mom and Dad told me they happened to be in NYC when this space shuttle was brought into here, and saw it.

This one never actually went fully into space, but it helped to prove all the conceptual ideas of the Space Shuttle program.

Back on the main deck  we looked at all the different planes, like this one that would have been used on a Navy ship like the Intrepid.

Just look at these planes - they are huge!

Check out that gun Mom.

Or the missiles on some of these planes.


They are all really cool!

With planes from a range of different times.  Me and Dad are checking out the different features on this one.

This place is awesome!

For our next part on the Intrepid we're going to head up the area behind us...

Up the stairs we go....

Look I'm in command of driving a huge aircraft carrier... Hope I get out of the port okay....

The inside of this area is neat.

Okay let's head back down some stairs and back outside....

To play with the huge protection guns that this ship once used.

I'm adjusting my height to get it where I want it..

Rotating it around...

Ready to fire and take out that incoming plane!

These are cool!

Even Dad is helping me out on this big gun.

And sometimes he plays with the small gun on his own :)

Inside the ship we found a place to sit down (with the anchor chain behind us) 

A good place to get a picture of all 3 of us.

Let's head this way Dad... I want to explore some more.

In the middle we found more planes inside of the ship (like how they would have been stored when this ship was used in battle)

So we had to get some good pictures of us, indicating where we were...

Including  this great group shot of all of us.

Dad and I had some fun playing in some of the planes!

Attack run!

Let's use the Helicopter right Dad!

This is just such fun!

Next up... Into the Submarine!

We're in the torpedo bay on the sub...

It's not that cramped in here for me ...

I can make it through the doorways with ease.

I wonder what these breakers do?

Check out that Torpedo behind me... It is near!

This place was awesome!  I like the huge nuke warhead behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment